Best Law Firm in London

Solicitor Commissioner for Oaths

Commissioner for Oaths

In English law, a Commissioner for Oaths is a person appointed by the Lord Chancellor with power to administer oaths or take affidavits. At White Horse Solicitors & Notary Public we can Oath your documents and witness your signature. We can assist you in:

Statutory Declaration

Not anybody can administer a statutory declaration as it is an important legal document and must therefore be verified. We can assist you in witnessing a Statutory Declaration for authorities and purposes such as a Security job application, Deposit Protection Service, for HMRC purposes, for visa, sponsor form and all other related immigration purposes.


An affidavit is a written form of evidence used in various court proceedings such as family (divorce matters), civil litigation etc. We can help with drafting and attesting affidavits.


Being Solicitors and Commissioner for Oaths, we can certify copy of a document as true copy of the original. You must produce the original document for us to certify a copy of the same to be true copy of the original.


White Horse Solicitors can prepare a change of name deed poll, an affidavit, a statutory declaration, or power of attorney. You must book an appointment if you want us to prepare any such document for you. We can also arrange apostille or legalisation of the signed document if required.

Commissioner for Oaths for Probate

Any personal representative applying for a grant of representation must swear an oath. This is a simple five-minute process which you can do in front of one of our solicitors.


Until March 2012, personal applicants had to swear the oath at a probate registry. This is no longer the case. Although it is still an option to visit a probate registry, the oath can now be sworn in front a solicitor.


How to swear an oath for probate

Make an appointment with us and bring with you the oath and the original will and codicils, if any. The “swear” should only take 5 minutes. You will be asked to sign the oath and the will (if any) and make a formal declaration. This is a simple procedure. Our solicitors are familiar with the process, but you will also have received instructions from the Probate Service. If you are not religious, you do not have to swear on a holy book. Otherwise, you may wish to bring a copy of your holy book with you.

Get a quote